What we do
Welcome to Aim Assessments, a specialist provider of Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) Needs Assessments. Aim Assessments deliver bespoke Needs Assessments to anyone with a disability, on-going health condition, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty, who wants to access support in Higher Education.
Our state of the art Assessment Centre in Leeds, West Yorkshire, allows you to have a personalised assessment and to experience a wide range of new technology and support strategies.
Support recommended can include:
- Technology and equipment
- Assistive software
- Tuition and training
- Non-medical helper support
- Transport solutions
- General allowances
Our assessment process has you at the heart of everything we do. We will work with you to develop effective support strategies that you can be confident in and that can be quickly implemented for your journey through Higher Education.
Aim Assessments are accredited by the DSA Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG) and are members of the National Network of Assessment Centres (NNAC).
Why Aim Assessments is right for you:
- We focus on you, spending time understanding your needs and learning styles
- We have over 30 years of experience in delivering support for students with disabilities & specific learning difficulties
- We recommend support strategies that are effective and quick to implement
- We recommend state of the art equipment and assistive IT strategies
- We guide you step by step through the assessment process and DSA application
- We have modern DSA-QAG accredited facilities with excellent accessibility
- We are based close to Leeds train station, opposite the main university student accommodation buildings
- We can arrange an appointment for you immediately
We deliver assessments for all disabilities and specific learning difficulties, including:
- Physical Disabilities
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s)
- Mental Health Difficulties
- Sensory Impairments
- Medical Conditions